EDIBLE IMAGE INSTRUCTIONS
Ingredients Water, Cornstarch, Corn Syrup Solids, Cellulose, Sorbotol, Glycerine, Sugar, Vegetable Oil, Arabic Gum, Polysorbate 80, Vanilla, Titanium Dioxide, Citric Acid, Red #3. All known allergen, gluten-free & Nut Free (No Cross Contamination).
STORAGE Our edible images will keep for up to a year if left sealed in the bag at room temperature (65-80 °F).
Our premium edible image sheets are made of a fondant material and are very easy to use. You simply peel them off the backing and place them on your finished iced cake or cupcake or fondant image side up :)
1. Make sure your hands are clean and dry before handling the image. You will need to have a plain frosted cake. WHITE butter-cream FROSTING is best but any type of frosting will work, even frozen ice cream cakes! Your frosting should be fresh. If your frosting becomes dry, spray a fine mist of water over the cake (NOT the image) before applying the print. If your product is moist, DO NOT add any extra moisture. Using too much water may cause colors to run and melt your image. It can take quite a few hours for the image to blend in properly.
2. Edible Prints cannot be moved once applied. Plan where you will place the image, then apply the image face up onto your product. To remove the Edible Print, hold the opposite edges and pull the backing page across the sharp edge of a table. Never pull on the image itself, it can tear. Lay the Edible Print on top of the cake from the middle first and gently lay it out to the ends of the image. If the image bubbles after application, GENTLY TAP (do not rub) the image. After Application add a border or edge decoration of your choice to finish. You can also add words by hand on top of the image. Avoid extensive exposure to ultraviolet lighting. As with any food coloring, the image may fade over time.
3. If the Edible Prints seem stubborn about releasing, do not try to peel the icing sheet away as this will cause tearing. Place the Edible Prints flat in the freezer for 10 - 15 seconds (NOT LONGER). You should have no problem peeling the backing off. You should remove the image from the backing immediately after taking it out from the freezer. If it doesn’t come immediately off repeat the process as often as necessary. You can also use the edge of a flat object to get between the backing and the topper.
4. Edible Prints should be stored in the packaging it is shipped in in a cool, dry location out of direct lighting. DO NOT store in the refrigerator or freezer.
5. Be careful not to let water drip on to the Edible Prints as it can melt and ruin your print.
6. If your cake is frozen when you apply the frosting sheet, allow it to thaw slowly in the refrigerator. You’ll also want to avoid storing the finished cake in an airtight cake dome at room temperature. An air tight cake dome can act like a greenhouse.
Please understand there is NO single correct answer to this problem, since the climate conditions and humidity of each part of the country or even the world are different or change seasonally.
Drying time and methods depend entirely on the ambient humidity. In some cases the humidity may be so high that the edible image will NOT easily release from the paper or comes apart in small pieces.
In these conditions we recommend the following methods that have ALL worked successfully:
1. Placing edible image into a VERY COLD FREEZER will allow easy removal after about 10 to 15 seconds (NOT LONGER), providing the freezer is a DRY freezer and not a WET freezer. (This really works the best). You should remove the sheet immediately after taking it out from the freezer.
2. One other way is to use a blower type hair dryer (or any other hot air supply) on the front and reverse sides of the backing sheet on high heat for 30-40 seconds. This method is very reliable and should solve your release problems if the freezer trick did not work.
Application Tips by Product
If you are applying the Edible Prints to an ice cream cake iced with non-dairy whipped topping, DO NOT add any additional water. If you are applying the Edible Prints directly to ice cream, it is best to allow the ice cream to "sweat" a bit before applying the image, or mist the ice cream with milk before applying the image.If you are working with soft-serve ice cream you will achieve better results by applying the Edible Prints while the ice cream is soft, then freezing it hard.
Apply the Edible Prints right after icing the cake. Buttercream icings will form a thin crust about an hour after they have been applied. If Buttercream has formed a crust, spray with a fine mist of water before applying the image.
Thaw slightly before icing to avoid cracking, and then apply the image. If decorated cake is frozen, thaw slowly, preferably in a refrigerator, uncovered, to avoid running of colors and sweating.
Add a generous mist of water over royal icing before applying an Edible Prints.
Non-Dairy Whipped Topping
DO NOT ADD extra moisture before applying the Edible Prints. Keep finished cakes refrigerated to extend shelf life.
IF YOUR PRINT PACKAGE IS COLD (Winter Only)
Give it time to come to room temperature before handling. Cold prints are more fragile than those at room temperature.